First time Dodge Brothers Company produced motorcycles and later engines for the "Ford" company. In 1911 they began to develop their car, which they presented to the public in 1914. "Dodge" cars were a very reliable cars with honor withstanding the hardships of World War II, when they were used as ambulances and staff vehicles. By the beginning of 1915 the company ranked third for the production of automobiles in the United States, and by 1920 it was the second, trailing only the "Ford". Both brothers died in 1920. A new president was Fred J. Haynes.
"Dodge" sedans went through all the stages of evolution, typical for American cars, such as gigantomania in the size of cars, and the tendency to use the most powerful engines. Argentinean "Dodge" plant was sold to "Volkswagen" in 1980. There were a number of subsidiaries and joint companies - with the share of "Dodge". These companies manufacture "Dodge" trucks in the UK, India, Australia and Turkey. However, in the course of the consolidation held by "Chrysler", these firms out of the sphere of influence of the American corporation.